I was "That Mom" in Walmart Tonight

I am so embarrassed. Seriously. I really was "that mom." You know, the one with the crying kid. Ug.
We had to go to Wally World for a couple last minute things tonight. I fed Preston before we left but it obviously was not enough because he was in a mood. I was looking for a toy to take on our road trip, something cheap but new and interesting for him to play with in the car. I happened to stop in an aisle to answer my phone and by the time I realized where I was, Preston was vigorously rubbing his tummy, saying please, that he WANTED something on the shelf. It was a toy car for some girls dolls. I didn't care that it was a girl toy, it was just not something I would buy so why let him play with it? And besides, it didn't look too sturdy.
Well, dumb me, I started walking away. And Preston unleashed.
And I mean UNLEASHED.
I stopped a little further down the aisle, trying to comfort him, to get him to stop crying when all of the sudden about six or seven people show up with papers in their hands saying things like "There she is" and "found them." Oh great.
I was able to help these poor fools check "screaming kid" off their "Things to find at Walmart" scavenger hunt list.
Great.
Seriously? I never have the crying kid! Preston is a little angel! Why oh why did he have to throw such a fit when these wackos were having a scavenger hunt? At my walmart? Ug. I wanted to crawl under a rock. Oh well. They were nice enough about it. Smiled, said he was cute. And when I saw them later in the store (with my perfect angel) they smiled again.
But I have learned my lesson:
Never answer the phone in the toy section. Ever.


1 Comments:
Actually, having a scavenger hunt in Walmart sounds like a cheap date! The toy section? You are brave, I never even go near it. Don't worry, you may feel that everyone is staring at you, but in reality most people have been there and just shrug it off.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home